I have been trying to make panini rolls for quite a while and finally; they turned out… not Perfect. not first prize, but not bad even if they are square.
Panini Rolls from the Bread Machine
A perfect recipe to make hamburger buns or panini rolls. It is so easy to do using a bread machine.
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Divide into 10 pieces
- Shape into flat 5-inch rounds for hamburger buns, or 6-inch oblongs for panini style rolls.
- Flatten them down pressing with your hand or rolling pin.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter or egg white.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes
- Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.
I am joining Girlchef from
Cut it into about 10 pieces and knead each one into a long roll shape.
Flatten with your hand or use a little rolling pin - you want them fairly flat.
If you are a regular follower, I’m sure you realize I didn’t make these rolls while here in Victoria. I came prepared just in case the weather didn’t co-operate… so …don’t ask. Hope you all enjoyed your March break and are refreshed, ready to welcome Spring March 20th.