Hope you are enjoying your long weekend to celebrate Easter.
Are you cooking a ham this year?
This was my Easter post for 2011 and you will see how I bake my Ham for Easter
I have a great recipe for you to make a special meal with your leftovers.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 cups cooked cubed ham
1 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
1 cup milk ( depending on desired thickness)
2 tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
1. In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add in onion, celery and
mushrooms and sauté 5-6 minutes or until soft.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth; pour into saucepan. Add
in salt, pepper, poultry seasoning; stir well and heat through.
3. Add cubed chicken and cubed ham.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in shredded cheese. Stir often until cheese is
5. Pour into prepared casserole dish; press down so all meat is covered with sauce.
6. Heat in Microwave at high for 7-10 minutes. or bake, uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice, if desired.
For a one pot meal line the bottom of your dish with cooked rice or pasta.
Thank you for your visit. Very happy to be back cooking and baking in my kitchen.